We're excited to announce that this year, we will honor Umoja regions, programs, students, faculty, and practitioners at the Inaugural UMOJA AWARDS! The Awards Ceremony will take place at our Umoja XVII Conferences! Honorees must be registered.
- The deadline for nominations is October 25, 2021.
- Honorees must be registered for the conferences.
- Registration awards will be based on program data and registration numbers at the close of the registration period. Prizes will be announced at the conference.
- Student Leader of the Year: This award acknowledges Umoja students who serve as leaders in their programs, on campus, and in the community.
- Faculty Honors: This Award acknowledges faculty and staff who were nominated by colleagues and students for exemplary contributions to their campus, teaching, and student development.
- Retiree Recognition: Recognizes Umoja practitioners who retired in 2020, 2021, or 2022.
- Alumni of the Year: This award acknowledges students who graduated from our programs who were nominated by colleagues and students for exemplary achievement in their profession, community, and academic pursuits.
- Most Improved Program: This award is for Umoja programs that have demonstrated growth in participants, programs, and resources for students.
- Best event: Best event presented by a Umoja program to their campus and community during the 2020-2021 academic year.