Program & Administrative Assistant
- FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
- Salary Grade: DOE
- Reports to: Interim Associate Executive Director
- Position Status: Full-time
- Location: Sacramento, California
How to Apply
To indicate your interest in the position, please submit a cover letter and resume/CV to: email@example.com. Review of applications will begin immediately. Applications will continue to be accepted and reviewed until the position is filled.
Umoja is a community of educators and learners committed to the academic success, personal growth and self-actualization of African American and other students. The Umoja Community seeks to educate the whole student–body, mind and spirit. Informed by an ethic of love and its vital power, the Umoja Community will deliberately engage students as full participants in the construction of knowledge and critical thought. The Umoja Community seeks to help students experience themselves as valuable and worthy of an education.
Umoja Community is currently seeking a full-time Accounting Clerk/Administrative Assistant to help us up to 40 hours a week as we strive to meet our mission.
- Integrate into the office and community culture by displaying a positive and warm demeanor while following standard office protocol
- Answers phones and messages or field/answer all routine and non-routine questions.
- Day to day administrative tasks including clerical support
- Process accounts receivable and accounts payable using QuickBooks Online.
- Process checks, deposits and maintain appropriate records.
- Data entry of debit, credit, and other transactions using QuickBooks
- Generate invoices and track outstanding balances
- Produce reports, such as balance sheets, income statements, and totals by account
- Check for accuracy in figures, postings, and reports
- Reconcile or note and report any differences they find in the records
- Work with third party accounting firm who audits and reconciles financial records
- Maintain a wide variety of files, forms and correspondence.
- Order and inventory office supplies and services.
- Drafts written responses or replies by phone or e-mail when necessary.
- Sorts and distributes mail.
- Works independently and within a team on special nonrecurring and ongoing projects.
- Ability to work independently and strong attention to detail
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
- Occasional local travel during work hours.
Required Education & Experience
- High School Diploma or GED
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience using Windows operating system, Microsoft applications and QuickBooks Online.
- Minimum of 50 wpm typing.
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills; ability to manage priorities and workflow.
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to deal effectively with a diversity of individuals at all organizational levels and provide a high level of customer service.
- Good judgment, with the ability to make timely and sound decisions.
- Willingness to work enthusiastically and patiently within constantly changing priorities.
- Acute attention to detail.
Preferred Education & Experience
- Associate’s degree (AA/AS)
- 3 years of related work experience
DISCLAIMER: The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to this job. Employees are expected to follow their supervisor’s instructions and to perform the tasks requested by their supervisors.