- FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
- Salary Grade: TBD
- Reports to: Interim Associate Executive Director
- Position Status: 50%/Stipend
- Location: Sacramento, California
Umoja is a community of educators and learners committed to the academic success, personal growth, and self-actualization of African American and other students. The Umoja Community seeks to educate the whole student–body, mind, and spirit. Informed by an ethic of love and its vital power, the Umoja Community will deliberately engage students as full participants in the construction of knowledge and critical thought. The Umoja Community seeks to help students experience themselves as valuable and worthy of an education.
Umoja Community is currently seeking a part-time High School Outreach to help us meet our mission.
- Assess program structure, goals, and deliverables
- Engage with educational leadership across high school partners to develop and maintain opportunities for high school students.
- Manage budget for related partnership and programmatic activities.
- Visit current and prospective high school partners for promotion and recruitment (in-person and/or virtual)
- Plan, provide presence and ensure implementation of high school outreach event(s)
- Develop orientation and welcome sessions content to support high school program deliverables for new and returning programs
- Develop an annual report on the state of high school pipeline programs
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
- The position requires the attainment of a Bachelor's degree or an Associate’s degree with significant outreach-related experience
- Strong administrative and technical skills: proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and/or MS 365, Zoom, and/or MS Teams, and knowledge of project management software applications.
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills with the ability to listen to and process issues in an unbiased manner and make sound recommendations.
- Ability to recognize organization-wide priorities and work cooperatively to support their accomplishment and obtain knowledge of University policies and procedures.
- Creativity and flexibility with the ability to succeed in a team environment and work independently, and handle multiple tasks, and consistently meet deadlines.
- Ability to work with integrity, maintain strict confidentiality, and provide stellar customer service while adhering to established policies and procedures.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills with the ability to conduct effective presentations virtually and in person.
Working Conditions/Physical Demands:
- Availability to work occasional extended hours and weekends, as needed. Normal office environment, not subject to extremes in noise, odors, etc.
- May spend extended periods at terminal, on telephone, or operating other office machines requiring eye-hand coordination and finger dexterity.
- This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
- Occasional local travel during work hours.
Required Education & Experience
- High School Diploma or GED
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience using Windows operating system, Microsoft applications and QuickBooks Online.
- Minimum of 50 wpm typing.
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills; ability to manage priorities and workflow.
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to deal effectively with a diversity of individuals at all organizational levels and provide a high level of customer service.
- Good judgment, with the ability to make timely and sound decisions.
- Willingness to work enthusiastically and patiently within constantly changing priorities.
- Acute attention to detail.
Preferred Education & Experience
- Associate’s degree (AA/AS)
- 3 years of related work experience
DISCLAIMER: The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to this job. Employees are expected to follow their supervisor’s instructions and to perform the tasks requested by their supervisors.