Faculty and Staff
We are excited to return to in-person events and the safety of our attendees are our number one priority. Umoja Community Education Foundation will adhere to all established COVID-19 protocols, staying in alignment with the Hotel and the City of Oakland's requirements.
All attendees will be required to provide proof of vaccination with ID, or a negative test within 72 hours of their arrival at the conference.Testing must be done prior to arrival and results must be from your medical provider as at-home or self-tests will not be accepted per the city's guidelines. Please note: If you are attending the Faculty Institute and plan to also join us for the Summer Learning Institute (SLI), you will need to provide proof of vaccination with ID or a negative test within 72 hours of your arrival also-- test results must be recent and cannot be the results provided previously. For testing sites in the area - click here.
Be advised that you will be required to show proof that you have been vaccinated with ID to enter some indoor places in Oakland, such as:
- Check-in at Event (required to show proof on hotel grounds)
- Establishments or events where food or drink is served including restaurants, bars, coffee houses, clubs, and banquet halls
- Entertainment venues including theaters, concert venues, museums, and recreation facilities
- Gyms, fitness centers and yoga studios
- Senior adult care facilities and City senior programs
- City Hall*
- Large indoor events at city and privately-owned facilities
Thank you for following California guidelines and working in community with us in making this a safe and fun event!