November 1-2, 2019
"If they don't give you a seat at the table, bring a folding chair" - Shirley Chisholm
This year’s theme calls participants to resist the status quo and mobilize our community to advocate for the needs of students, faculty and the community as a whole. The Umoja XV Conference will feature discussions, panels, networking opportunities and social gatherings for over 1200 students and faculty from across the state. In the past, the Umoja Conference has hosted Dr. Cornel West and Tavis Smiley as Keynote Speakers. By entering this conference with an open spirit of exchange, we will challenge tradition while making space to explore our intersectional identities and bring change to our community!
Is my registration/ticket transferrable?
Your registration is transferable, please contact the Umoja Office in writing at email@example.com
Please make sure to revisit the Eventbrite webpage to transfer your registration per the website instructions.
What is the cancellation/refund policy?
- Payment is required prior to entering an Umoja event.
- Please remember that the last day to cancel your registration without penalty is 7 days prior to the event. Cancellations must be submitted in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before the posted date. Registration will not be canceled due to non-payment.
- Full Refunds will not be granted for cancellations after the posted cancellation deadline.
- Cancellations made less than 7 days prior to the event will be billed the full registration amount for the conference.
- No shows, unclaimed "TBA" attendees, and cancellations made after the deadline will be billed to you and/or your college for the total cost of registration. As attendees are permitted to register without funds, we have no way of determining cancellation unless specifically told, in writing.
- It is your responsibility to ensure payment of the registration fee. Submission of your registration signifies agreement with this policy.
- Unpaid balances owed to Umoja Community must be paid before an attendee can register for a future event.
The name on the registration/ticket doesn't match the attendee. Is that okay?
No, all attendee registrations must match the ticket. If you would like to transfer your registration, you must cancel the first one, then register the second attendee online. If a payment transfer needs to be made because payment was made by check, you must contact the Umoja Office directly with a written notification at email@example.com
For additional information email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Oakland Marriott-City Center and Convention Center
Oakland, CA 94607
Travel Information: You are responsible for your flight and other travel arrangements for this event. The Marriott City Center and Convention Center is located nine miles from Oakland International Airport (OAK) and 23 miles from San Francisco International Airport (SFO). Travel arrangements should be secured at least three weeks in advance to secure the best rate. Coordinators may consider using the Southwest Airlines Group travel option. This allows for groups to book travel in advance and make name/traveler information changes up to 72 hours prior to travel date. Groups can also pay a deposit upon booking and the remaining balance at a later time. As this is only available for groups with a minimum of ten travelers, schools are encouraged to partner with other coordinators traveling from the same airport. More information can be found here.
If possible, we encourage you to share rides and explore all travel options, including BART from the airport to the hotel.
Parking: Overnight parking is available for hotel guests at a discounted rate of $20 per day (17.50 with no in/out privileges). Hourly parking for attendees that are not hotel guests and valet parking are at standard rates.
Hotel Reservations: Lodging is not included in the registration fee and you are responsible for making your own room reservations. It is suggested that your group make reservations for Thursday night in preparation of an 8:00 am start on Friday!
Marriott: Our group rate for single and double guestrooms is $169 per night. Online and phone reservations will be accepted. A dedicated booking website has been created for our event so you are able to make, modify and cancel your hotel reservations online, as well as take advantage of any room upgrades, amenities or other services offered by the hotel.
To reserve your room(s) online, please click the following link:
To reserve your room(s) via phone, please call 877-901-6632 and reference the UMOJA CONFERENCE.
Deadline to make hotel reservations at this rate is Wednesday, October 9, 2019.